I’ve been trying to steer my kids clear from greasy, oily, potato chips. Our healthier crunch-snack alternative right now?…
Multi-grain pita chips!
The kids love ‘em…
especially when paired with hummus.
But there’s only so much hummus you can eat, right?
So I thought of combining their love for boiled eggs and cheese, to whip up a…
Peppered Egg Mayo Dip.
It’s quick to make, filling and yes, kid approved!!
(Oh and if you’re really hungry, you can even smear this out between two slices of whole-grain toast. Yum!)
- 2 boiled eggs
- ¼-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (Depends on how cheesy you’d like this to be!)
- ½ cup tiny lettuce shreds
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Boil the eggs till they’re cooked all the way through.
- Remove the shells when cool and place in a bowl.
- Take a potato masher and mash up the eggs well.
- Season with pepper and salt.
- Throw in the cheese and lettuce.
- Add the mayonnaise and mix all the contents in the bowl well.
- And voila! Your Peppered Egg Mayo Dip is done!!
It honestly can’t get easier than this!
What does your child love to snack on?