When my daughter was very young, Hubs had a job assignment that kept him away from enjoying a good 10 months of her growing years. For a first time parent…or really for any parent…a long separation from your child is always hard.
To help bridge the distance woes I’d make videos and take gazillion photographs of our daughter practically every day and save them onto CDs, that were then sent out to him every two weeks.
While having a digital camera handy was such a blessing at the time, today I find that I have piles of CDs in a drawer that potentially can get “old” on me, damaged or misplaced over time.
Help! I could potentially lose those memories!!
Before it gets to that point, I’ve decided to do something to preserve the joys, giggles and firsts enjoyed over the years!
I’m going to take all my CDs to the YesVideo drop off at Sam’s Club and have all those precious memories preserved on a Blu-Ray disc.
I know if I was back home I’d love to rummage through my Mama’s stash of negatives, old photographs and albums to retrieve memories of my childhood but that will just have to wait till my next trip home!
For now I’m focused on “Project Dottie”, followed by getting together stuff for my son’s Blu-Ray.
At the end of the day with 2 Blu-Ray discs in hand, safely holding our memories, I know I will be one happy Momma!
Do you have a pile of old photographs, movie reels from bygone days, videotapes from yester-years and stacks of memory cards crammed with precious memories?
Consider handing this all over to YesVideo to safely transfer over to one location- a BluRay disc. And at the same time allow you to re-live all those memories via a private online account that will be set up for your benefit.
To celebrate re-living life’s precious moments, YesVideo is choosing one of you to…
Win a 65 US$ online credit to use on the YesVideo site!
Here’s what you need to do enter the Giveaway…
Leave a comment below, telling me a favorite memory. (Easy!)
- Follow EBMommy and YesVideo on Twitter (1 entry each)
- Like Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports and YesVideo on Facebook (1 entry each)j
- Follow Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports on Instagram (1 entry)
- Follow Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports on Pinterest (1 entry)
- Share this giveaway on a giveaway linky/site/Facebook (1 entry each)
- Retweet this post (1 daily entry. Just click on the Re-tweet button below and paste your RT link)
— Marina (@ebmommy) January 11, 2013
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway will end on January 26, 2013 at 10:59 pm CST.
- This is open to the US only, for entrants aged 18 years and older. The winner will be chosen by random.org.
- The winner(s) will be announced on Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports and emailed.
- The winner(s) will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
**EBMR Disclaimer: As a YesVideo Ambassador, though I am being compensated for my time, the heart of this post is all me!**