Chocolate cookies are an absolute favorite in our home and ever since I whipped up my first batch of Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, they’ve been on popular demand!
This Christmas I decided to add a little more Christmas into the cookies.
And thus was born…
Chocolate Peppermint Pecan Crinkles.
The recipe stays the same but the addition of pecan bits and a huge Candy Cane, peppermint flavored Hershey’s Kiss on top, makes this yum-ilicious!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups organic all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecan bits
- 1 pack of Hersheys Peppermint Candy Cane Kisses
- Powdered sugar (or take regular sugar and beat it in a spice grinder to powder it)
- Combine granulated sugar and oil in large bowl; add cocoa, beating until well blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to cocoa mixture, beating well.
- Mix in the pecan bits.
- Cover; refrigerate until dough is firm enough to handle, at least 6 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into about 48-50 1-inch balls and roll in powdered sugar to coat.
- Place about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched lightly and tops are crackled.
- Place/gently press in a Candy Cane Kiss on each cookie while the cookies are still warm
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool and attack once the candy on top has hardened. (We did try it while hot and the melting peppermint chocolate was an absolute flavor enhancer!)
Oh and these look so festive on a plate …and yes I’d definitely recommend baking a few batches to share with your child’s teachers, friends from church, neighbors and family!