Wow! Are we really on the last week of the 2012 H-E-B/ ConAgra Meal Maker Challenge?
Over the past 3 weeks, we showed you how to use the secret ingredients-
Egg-Beaters, in our Hearty Tex-Mex Wraps
Hebrew National Franks in our Chinese Noodles Medley and
Peanut Butter in our Fruit and Nut Breakfast Surprise.
This week , I have our last easy-peasy recipe using 7 ingredients or less…
featuring the secret ingredient of the week…
that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
The secret ingredient for Week 4 is Chef Boyardee.
All set to see how we’ve incorporated this week’s secret ingredient?
Recipe for the week… Easy Spinach Chili-Roni!
This was a hard one to work with, mainly because I do prefer to always cook meals from scratch.
But on those days when you need to whip something up in a hurry, it helps to have a few of these cans in the pantry.
This is such an easy, quick, recipe that anyone can put together.
To make sure the kids had their serving of fresh veggies in the dish I threw in the organic spinach. But knowing that my kids’ gag reflexes work over-time when they see strands of spinach floating around, I did a little hiding with the cheese!
The kids don’t even notice the spinach in there…
Here’s a look at the 7 ingredients used in my Boyardee-concoction…
Here’s how you make this easy, yum Easy Spinach Chili-Roni…
- 1 can of Chef Boyardee’s Beefaroni
- 1 can of Wolf Brand Chili (Original)
- ½-3/4 cup of Hill Country Fare Shredded Natural Cheddar Cheese
- ½-3/4 cup of Hill Country Fare Shredded Natural Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped organic spinach
- 1 loaf of Hill Country Fare’s Garlic Bread (Parmesan & Romano)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a casserole or baking dish, mix in the contents of the Beefaroni and Chili cans.
- Add the chopped spinach and mix well.
- Layer the mix with the cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the casserole/baking dish in the oven (uncovered), along with a tray on which the Garlic Bread will lie and bake for 12-15 mins.
- Once the Garlic Bread is ready, you can pull out the Spinach Chili-Roni.
- Serve piping hot.
Will you vote for this recipe?
As mentioned earlier, 10 bloggers are cooking-off against each other in this year’s Meal Maker Challenge.
The two with the most votes on their recipes, will whip out their culinary best in a final face-to-face, in-store Cook-Off !
That being said, I’d love for you to vote for my Easy Spinach Chili-Roni on the Meal Maker Challenge, H-E-B microsite.
Please click on the picture to cast your vote.
And yes, you can vote daily…
Plus by voting you could win yourself a 1000$ H-E-B Gift Card, if you are a Texas resident.
That does not mean non-Texas residents are not permitted to vote.
Anyone can vote…so do hop on over!
** And don’t forget to enter our giveaway for the 50$ ConAgra Gift Pack #2 **
H-E-B Promotional Buzz…