We’re on week 2 of the 2012 H-E-B/ ConAgra Meal Maker Challenge.
Last week, we showed you how to use the secret ingredient, Egg-Beaters, in our Hearty Tex-Mex Wraps.
This week I have another easy to make recipe using 7 ingredients or less…
featuring the secret ingredient of the week…
that can be made in less than 30 minutes.
The secret ingredient for Week 2 is Hebrew National Franks.
All set to see what we do with these Franks?
Recipe for the week… Chinese Noodles Medley!
This quick, Chinese medley is a long-time favorite with both the young and old in our family. I love it because it’s a great way to get meat, veggies, egg and starch onto one plate!
The inspiration behind this dish is definitely my Mom.
After a long day at work, she’d rush back home tired but determined to make us a hot meal that was packed with all the necessities. As kids, we’d always look forward to a certain quick-fix Noodle-Sausage meal she’d whip up on days she had less than an hour to get dinner on the table.
Strangely enough that on-the-spur of the moment dish became a favorite with all our friends.
And we still have a few talk about how yummy Mom’s Noodle-Sausage dish was!
Here’s a look at the 7 ingredients used in my Noodle-Sausage, with a twist, dish!…
Here’s how you make this easy, wholesome, Chinese Noodles Medley…
- 4 Beef Hebrew National Franks (97% Fat Free)-chopped
- 1 cup Egg Beaters (or 2 eggs)
- 1 12 oz pack of Central Organic Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1 pack of HEB medium Egg Noodles
- 3-4 tablespoons of Soy/Soya Sauce ( Soy sauce is salty enough to season the entire dish!)
- Freshly Ground Pepper for seasoning
- Wesson Canola Oil for sauteing
- Boil water in a pasta pot and add the egg noodles to the boiling water to get these cooked.
- While the water boils and the noodles cook, grab a wok/deep bottom pan and add 1- 1½ tbsp oil to it.
- When the oil has been heated, lightly fry the chopped beef franks. (About 3-4 mins)
- Add the Egg Beaters/eggs to the franks and scramble till cooked.
- Once this is done, throw in the entire pack of frozen veggies.
- Saute the mix till the veggies thaw out.
- Now season the veggie-franks-egg medley with generous amounts of freshly ground pepper.
- Add the soy sauce to the medley and mix well.
- By now your egg noodles would be cooked just right. Strain out the noodles and add this to the medley.
- Mix the noodles and medley well and serve as is, or with ketchup and/or dried red chilli flakes.
Will you vote for this recipe?
As mentioned earlier, 10 bloggers are cooking-off against each other in this year’s Meal Maker Challenge.
The two with the most votes on their recipes, will whip out their culinary best in a final face-to-face Cook-Off !
That being said, I’d love for you to vote for my recipe on the Meal Maker Challenge, H-E-B microsite.
Please click on the picture to cast your vote.
And yes, you can vote daily…
Plus by voting you could win yourself a 1000$ H-E-B Gift Card, if you are a Texas resident.
That does not mean non-Texas residents are not permitted to vote.
Anyone can vote…so do hop on over!
** And don’t forget to enter our 1st giveaway for a 50$ ConAgra Gift Pack **
H-E-B Promotional Buzz…
This week, buy two Hebrew National Franks or our Smoked Sausage/Hot Dog and get PAM Cooking Spray (5-6 oz) and Hunt’s Ketchup (24 oz) free, with the use of the in-store coupon.
**EBMR Disclaimer: Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports received products from H-E-B to help facilitate putting together the recipes featured in the Meal Maker Challenge. I will also be compensated for my participation in this campaign. Kindly note that I am an affiliate of one or more banners/products you will see on this site. Regardless, all opinions expressed in this post are still 100% my own**