Back to School season is upon us. Many of us will shop for those school supplies at Office Depot. And after you hear the heart behind this brand, you will want to do so even more!
Everyone knows Office Depot. But many don’t know they have a charitable giving arm- the Office Depot Foundation.
Functioning on the mission “Listen. Learn. Care.”, the Foundation focuses on…
▪ Helping children succeed in school and in life.
▪ Enabling non-profit organizations to become more efficient and effective.
▪ Assisting people and businesses in preparing for disasters, as well as recovering and rebuilding afterwards.
▪ Strengthening local communities through grants, product donations and volunteerism.
▪ Encouraging community development through entrepreneurship and economic innovation.
With the new school year kicking off in a month’s time, the National Backpack Program will enter its 12th year of existence.
National Backpack Program 2012 Overview:
This year the Program will donate 400,000 newly designed, sackpacks to non profit organizations and schools around the US and internationally.
Each sackpack will include a zippered pouch with a few school supplies like a pencil, pen, 6″ ruler, eraser and crayons.
The sackpacks are made from the same material as backpacks, are water-resistant and lined to protect the contents within.
These compact yet roomy sackpacks come with gender neutral designs and color combinations. And are most appropriate for children from K-5th Grade.
We were sent three sackpacks and the design we loved the most was this Global Peace design.
Now isn’t this cute?
All three sackpacks will be donated to our local home for abused children.
All summer we’ve been collecting school supplies for their Back to School Drive and the stash has been growing. I can’t wait to see how much we will be able to give in , at the end of next month, thanks to all the amazing sponsors and the awesome school supply deals out there.
(And yes I promise a photograph before we hand it all over. You remember how awesome the Giving Christmas Away campaign was, right?)
On a fun note…
The Office Depot Foundation came up with these fun facts about the sackpacks being donated-
Now, how cool is that?
* Note: The sackpacks are not available for resale at any Office Depot location. They have been designed specifically for the National Backpack Program *
Three readers will win a randomly chosen Office Depot Foundation Sackpack, complete with the mini pouch of school supplies.
* We’d love if you could donate the sackpack to a child/Organization’s Back to School Drive in need of the same*
Here’s what you need to do enter the Giveaway…
Leave a comment below telling me…
What your family does to give back this Back to School season.
- Follow Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports on Twitter (1 entry each)
- Like Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports on Facebook (1 entry each)
- Like Office Depot Foundation (1 entry each)
- Retweet this post (1 daily entry. Just click on the Re-tweet button below and paste your RT link)
— Marina (@ebmommy) July 31, 2012
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway will end on August 11 2012 at 10:59 pm CST.
- This is open to the US only, for entrants aged 18 years and older. The winner will be chosen by random.org.
- The winner will be announced on Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports and emailed.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
**EBMR Disclaimer: Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports received one or more of the products featured above for evaluation purposes and is an affiliate of one or more banners/products you will see on this site. Regardless, all opinions expressed in this post are still 100% my own**