I’ve always been comfortable with my old fashioned mobile phone for one reason…it isn’t complicated.
So when the Nokia Lumia 710 was put into my hands, I was a little apprehensive.
Would I ever figure it out?
Is a Smartphone really something I need?
Well apparently this Windows phone began to grow on me, as I played around with it.
So am I comfortable to say I do love it?
Before I share with you my thoughts on the phone, I think it’s important you know what makes this phone what it is.
and to satisfy those software queries that may arise…
If you asked me to describe Nokia’s first Windows phone, in just two words, I’d say this-
Convenience and Ease.
I’m not a tech geek, so fiddling around with something that’s well beyond my radar is not my thing. I guess that’s what I like about the Nokia Lumia 710.
1. It’s extremely easy to figure out, for a first time Smartphone user.
2. Sharing photographs and information snippets onto Facebook and Twitter is ever so easy.
3. Synching one’s media channels on one outlet is possible. Thereby making connectivity to everything concerning you easy and available in one spot. (All credit goes to the incorporated Windows 7.5 Mango operating system )
4. The Nokia Drive GPS feature is by far one of the best things about this phone. (Especially for this Mama who is terribly geographically challenged!)
5. Everything you need to stay connected to your social channels is available via the Live Tiles. And no you don’t have to download any apps for that.
6. The tools and apps included in the phone suffice. (Office Notes, Google Calendar, CNNireport, Fandango…to name a few) Additional apps can be downloaded for free or at a minimal price (dependent on the app) from the Windows Marketplace.
7. The phone is fast. It doesn’t take as long as most phones to process data, which, in my opinion, is a huge plus!
8. This is a very sleek and light-weight phone. Size-wise (specs can be found above) I think it works just fine for me.
9. Even though this is available in only two colors- black and white, (I know! And I got white. A Mom of two little ones and a white phone…not the ideal situation.) you can switch the backs out for a color of choice. (Yay!)
10. The phone’s has a 3.7″ ClearBlack WVGA scratch resistant screen. But not being one to take any chances, I made sure I bought the screen protector and honestly I think it’s definitely worth it.
11. Battery-wise I find myself needing to charge the phone once every 3 days. (The battery saver feature rocks!)
But keep in mind, I have not been using this like a regular phone, considering my phone contract for my dinosaur mobile phone is still active and will only end next month.
Once I do make the complete switch I honestly think I will need to charge the phone on a daily basis.
12. The front facing camera feature is something I’m getting used to. But I’m yet to figure out how to take decent pictures on the phone, when indoors.
The ones I’ve taken outdoors are decent but the ones indoor are grainy. I guess I will need to sit down and fiddle around with the settings.
The one thing I miss with this phone, is being able to upload my photographs onto Instagram. (The huge benefit of having an Android phone.) All photographs get uploaded onto SkyDrive and are shared via the same.
13. You can take videos on the same but the crispness in clarity is not as great as what you’d get on a camera.
All in all this is a decent phone.
It’s definitely user friendly and affordable.
If you do buy your Nokia Lumia 710 through their site, you would need to sign up for a 2 year agreement with T-Mobile. There is an alternative though…
You can buy the same via Amazon and yes, it will be an unlocked phone.
One reader will win a Nokia Lumia 710 Smartphone
Here’s what you need to do enter the Giveaway…
Leave a comment below telling me…
“Why/how the Nokia Lumia 710 will simplify your life .”
- Vote for my Fruit & Nut Breakfast Rolls Surprise in the Meal Maker Challenge- you don’t need to be a TX resident to vote, just to be eligible for the 1000$ voter Gift Card prize (1 entry each- DAILY)
- Follow Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports on Twitter (1 entry each)
- Like Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports on Facebook (1 entry each)
- Like Nokia US on Facebook (1 entry each)
- Retweet this post (1 daily entry. Just click on the Re-tweet button below and paste your RT link)
— Marina (@ebmommy) July 27, 2012
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway will end on August 25 2012 at 10:59 pm CST.
- This is open to the US only, for entrants aged 18 years and older. The winner will be chosen by random.org.
- The winner will be announced on Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports and emailed.
- The winner will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
**EBMR Disclaimer: Energizer Bunnies’ Mommy Reports received one or more of the products featured above for evaluation purposes and is an affiliate of one or more banners/products you will see on this site. Regardless, all opinions expressed in this post are still 100% my own**